As a developer, this is a front-end framework that ensures work is done rapidly and that all of the browser standards are adhered to.
The Function of Bootstrap
Not only that, but it is easy to incorporate into any project. With the ability to freely add pieces of code into any project, developers can simply choose to use this framework for one part of their design and leave it out of another.
Why Bootstrap is So Popular
Web development is much easier when consistency is in place. By utilizing Bootstrap, developers can produce websites faster and uniformly across browsers.
Eliminating the need to spend hours tweaking coding for Internet Explorer compatibility is enough of a reason to use Bootstrap. It simply saves time, but there is a lot of power built into the framework as well.
- Scaffolding: Responsive layouts can be created with ease utilizing the many grid systems and layouts that Bootstrap provides.
- Mobile Friendly: Mobile support allows websites to be displayed flawlessly on mobile devices as well as the PC.
- Less: Utilizing LESS ensures developers have immense control over their layout with the use of variables found in CSS style sheets.
- Typography: Easily separate content with the typography defaults provided in the CSS portion of the framework.
- Components: Dropdowns, navigation bars, breadcrumbs, pagination, alerts and a slew of other components as well as their icons are provided so that development time is reduced dramatically.
There are hundreds of other ways to fully customize a site with Bootstrap. Being licensed under the Apache License v2.0, developers are able to utilize this front-end framework on virtually any project as long as the license file is kept intact.